Father Thomas Joseph Dove
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Paulist Fathers
Removed from ministry: 2014
- 1961-1962: Park Street Center (Boston Archdiocese)
- 1962-1965: St. Rose of Lima Church (Salt Lake City Diocese)
- 1965-1975: St. Paul the Apostle Church/Information Center (Los Angeles Archdiocese)
- 1975-1976: Paulist Press (New York Archdiocese)
- 1976-1985: Paulist Information Centre (Toronto, Canada)
- 1985: Sabbatical (Notre Dame University)
- 1985-1992: Old St. Mary’s Parish (Chicago Archdiocese)
- 1992-1994: St. Patrick’s Church (Memphis Diocese)
- 1992-2014: Old St. Mary’s Cathedral (San Francisco Archdiocese)
- 2014- In residence (San Francisco Archdiocese)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Thomas J Dove:
According to media reports, in 2014, Fr. Thomas J Dove was accused of sexually abusing a minor female at the Catholic Information Center in Los Angeles, California from 1972-1977. In 2018, Dove was included on a list of priests in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles updated list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse.
Information about the age of Dove’s alleged victim/victims and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
In 2019, Dove was included on the Paulist Fathers list with credible claims of sexual abuse. In 2020, he was also included on the Diocese of Memphis list of priests credibly accused of sexual misconduct involving minors.
As of 2019, Dove is believed to be residing at a Paulist House in San Francisco, California.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.