Father Thomas Kieran Ahearn
Diocese of Rockville Centre/Franciscan
Assigned as follows:
- 1965 Our Lady of Sorrows (New York, NY)
- 1966-1969 St. Anthony Friary of the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin (Hudson, NY)
- 1970-1971 St. Lawrence Friary, Capuchin Franciscan Fathers (Milton, MA)
- 1972-1980 Smithtown General Hospital (Smithtown, NY)
- 1978-1981 St. Ann’s Friary, Capuchin Fathers (Smithtown, NY)
- 1982 Unknown
- 1983-1984 St. Pius X (Middletown, CT)
- 1985 St. Joseph the Worker (East Patchogue, NY)
- 1986-1990 St. Luke’s (Westport, CT)
- 1991-1993 St. Mary’s (Bethel, CT)
- 1994-1997 Leave of Absence
Summary of Abuse Allegations Against Father Thomas Kieran Ahearn:
Father Thomas Kieran Ahearn was ordained a priest of the Franciscan Order and worked in the Diocese of Rockville Centre and Diocese of Bridgeport. According to media reports, he was placed on leave following an allegation of sexual abuse involving a minor in 1993 while he was assigned to St. Mary’s in Bethel, Connecticut. He was acquitted of the sexual abuse charges, but convicted on a lesser charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He was sentenced to two years probation, fined, and ordered to stay away from children for two years. Fr. Ahearn died in 1997.
Father Ahearn is listed on the Diocese of Bridgeport Settlements List of “Credibly Accused Clergy with diocesan assignment on whose behalf settlements were paid regarding an allegation of sexual abuse of a minor.”
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.