Father Timothy Keppel
Diocese of San Bernardino/Theatines
- 1978-1980: St. Joseph (Fontana, CA)
- 1982-1983: Our Lady of Loretto Church (Spanish Lake, MO)
- 1984: Resurrection Catholic Church (Montgomery, AL)
- 1985-1996: Church of the Resurrection (Fontana, CA)
- 1998-2003: Our Lady of the Lake Church (Lake Arrowhead, CA)
- 1999-2009: St. Anne in the Mountains Church (Running Springs, CA)
- 2004-2005: Our Lady of the Lake Church (Crest Park, CA)
- 2006-2009: Our Lady of the Lake Church (Lake Arrowhead, CA)
- 2009-2010: Congregation of the Resurrection (Fontana, CA)
- 2011-2013: Congregation of the Resurrection (Apple Valley, CA)
- 2011-2012: Our Lady of the Desert (Apple Valley, CA)
- 2011-2012: St. Paul (Lucerne Valley, CA)
- 2011-2014: Provincial Office of the Congregation of the Resurrection, (Chicago, IL)
- 2015-2018: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Timothy Keppel:
According to media reports, in 2013, the Congregation of the Resurrection announced that Fr. Timothy Keppel allegedly engaged in sexual misconduct with a teenage boy from 1976-1979 in the Diocese of San Bernardino. Following an investigation, the Diocese of San Bernardino and the Congregation of the Resurrection concluded that there was reasonable cause to suspect that inappropriate sexual behavior with a minor occurred. Consequently, Keppel was removed from public ministry and was sent to live in Chicago, IL, under the supervision of his religious order.
Keppel was included in the Diocese of San Bernardino’s list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse in 2018. He was also included on the Archdiocese of Mobile 2018 list and the Diocese of Stockton 2020 list. According to the Diocese of San Bernardino, Keppel is permanently banned from ministry in the Diocese. Keppel’s current whereabouts, status as a priest, and whether he has had access to children since 2015, are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of San Bernardino, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.