Father Trevor Smith
Archdiocese of Miami
- 1968-1969: St. Clement (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- 1970: St. Timothy (Kendall, FL)
- 1971-1972: St. Francis de Sales (Miami Beach, FL)
- 1973: St. Vincent (Delray Beach, FL)
- 1974-1975: Epiphany (South Miami, FL)
- 1976-1978: Mercy Hospital (Miami, FL)
- 1980-1982: St. Patrick (Miami Beach, FL)
- 1983-1986: St. Clement (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- 1987-1994: St. John’s Rehabilitation Hospital and Health Care Center (Lauderdale Lakes, FL)
- 1995-2002: Villa Maria Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (North Miami, FL)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Trevor Smith:
Fr. Trevor Smith was accused in a 2002 civil suit of sexually abusing a 10-year-old boy in the late 1990s. Smith was the chaplain at Villa Maria Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in North Miami, Florida owned by the Archdiocese of Miami, where the boy’s grandmother was a resident.
According to media reports, the abuse allegedly involved Smith taking the boy to a room in the nursing home and showing him nude photos. Then, Smith proceeded to force the boy to touch him and vice versa.
In 2003, there was a settlement for $500K. There were accusations of inappropriate contact with boys in the 1970s and Smith was sent for therapy.
In 2004, Smith was charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious assault, and later in the year, he was convicted of abuse from 2002. Smith was sentenced to two years of house arrest and eight years probation.
As of 2004, Smith was retired and living in Pompano Beach, Florida. Smith’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Miami in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.