Father Walter Smith
Diocese of Camden
Assigned as follows:
- St. Casimir (Woodbine, NJ)
- Our Lady of the Angels (Cape May, NJ)
- St. Luke (Stratford, NJ)
- Immaculate Conception (Camden, NJ)
- Immaculate Conception (Bridgeton, NJ)
- St. Mary (Williamstown, NJ)
- Most Holy Redeemer (Westville Grove, NJ)
- St. Anthony of Padua (Hammonton, NJ)
- St. Ann (Wildwood, NJ)
- St. Mary (Gloucester, NJ)
- Sacred Heart (Vineland, NJ)
- St. Michael (Gibbstown, NJ)
- St. Patrick (Woodbury, NJ)
- Chaplain, Cooper University Hospital (Camden, NJ)
- Chaplain, Newcomb Hospital (Vineland, NJ)
- Chaplain, Underwood Memorial Hospital (Woodbury, NJ)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Walter Smith:
Father Walter Smith was recently included on the Diocese of Camden list of priests who were named as being “credibly accused” of child sex abuse. Other than his assignments and the year of his ordination, the Diocese of Camden did not provide any information about the number of allegations against Smith or the nature of the misconduct alleged.
According to Bishop Sullivan, the list, “includes those who admitted to the abuse, those who were found guilty after a trial in the church courts or the civil courts, and others against whom the evidence was so overwhelming as to be virtually unquestionable.”
The Diocese of Camden notes that Smith is deceased, however, the exact date of his death is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Camden in New Jersey. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New Jersey, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Camden Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New Jersey and nationwide. We can help.