Father John F.X. Bellwoar
- 1934-1935: College of the Sacred Heart (Woodstock, MD)
- 1935-1936: St. Andrew-on-Hudson (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- 1936-1937: St. Peter’s College (Jersey City, NJ)
- 1937-1938: Fordham University (Bronx, NY)
- 1939-1940: Church of the Gesu (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1941-1971: Gonzaga College High School (Washington, DC)
- 1971-1978: St. Patrick’s (Washington, DC)
- 1979-1991: Gonzaga College High School (Washington, DC)
- 1992-1993: The Jesuit Community at Georgetown University (Washington, DC)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father John F.X. Bellwoar:
Fr. John F. X. Bellwoar was ordained a Jesuit priest. According to media reports, in December 2018, his name appeared on the Maryland Province of the Society of Jesus list of Jesuits with credible allegations of sexual abuse of minors. It noted multiple abuse allegations, occurring from the 1950s to the 1960s in Prince George’s County, MD, and Washington, DC. The allegations were also reported to the Archdiocese of New York. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown.
In February 2019, his name was included in the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. Fr. Bellwoar died in November 1993, 25 years before allegations came to light.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.