Brother William (LaSalle)
Diocese of Brooklyn/ (Xaverian Brothers)
Assigned as follows:
- 1951-1957: Holy Name (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1957-1960: Holy Cross (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1960-1962: Leonard Hall (Leonardtown, MD)
- 1962-1963: St. Teresa’s (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1963-1968: Holy Cross (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1968-1970: Leonard Hall (Leonardtown, MD)
- 1970-1974: St. Jerome’s (Hyattsville, MD)
- 1974-1990: St. Jude’s (Rockville, MD)
- 1990-1991: St. Catherine’s Laboure (Wheaton, MD)
- 1991-1997: St. Philip the Apostle (Camp Spring, MD)
- 1998-2010: Our Lady of Grace Church (Silver Spring, MD)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother William (LaSalle) Marinan:
Br. William (LaSalle) Marinan was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2011, he was accused of sexually abusing a minor in the early 1970s. His ministry was restricted and he was placed on a safety plan in 2011.
In 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Marinan died in 2014.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.