Father William Savord
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1958-1962 St. Edward (Corona, CA)
- 1963 Our Lady of Guadalupe (Calexico, CA)
- 1964 Mercy Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1965 St. William Church (Eagle Mountain, CA)
- 1966-1968 Immaculate Heart of Mary (Niland, CA)
- 1969 St. Joseph (Holtville, CA)
- 1970-1971 Our Lady of the Lake (Lake Arrowhead, CA)
- 1972-1974 St. Margaret Mary (Chino, CA)
- 1975-1984 San Rafael (San Diego, CA)
- 1984 St. Brigid (San Diego, CA)
- 1985-1986 Our Lady of Lourdes Church (Montclair, CA)
- 1987-1988 Our Lady of the Desert Church (Apple Valley, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William Savord:
For almost 30 years, Father William Savord worked in the San Diego diocese, before working in the Diocese of San Bernardino in 1984. According to media reports, a few years later, Father Savord was removed from active priesthood without privileges in October 1988.
He was sent for treatment at the Paraclete Center, an institution known for treating clergy accused of child sexual abuse.
According to the Diocese of San Diego, Father Savord resigned from the priesthood in August 1990 because of problems in his “past life.” He died in July 2004.
In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor. No specific information was found as to actual allegations.
His personnel file released was released in October 2010.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 (or toll-free at (888) 283-9922) or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.