Father William T. McIntyre
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1943-1944: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1944-1945: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1945-1946: Nativity of the B.V.M. (Juneau, AK)
- 1945-1946: St. Ann’s Chapel (Juneau, AK)
- 1946-1954: Holy Cross Mission (Holy Cross, AK)
- 1954-1959: St. Francis Xavier’s (Kotzebue, AK)
- 1959-1962: St. Lawrence’s (Mountain Village, AK)
- 1962-1963: Immaculate Conception (Bethel, AK)
- 1963-1968: St. Ignatius (Alakanuk, AK)
- 1968-1970: Sacred Heart (Chevak, AK)
- 1970-1980: St. Lawrence (Mountain Village, AK)
- 1980-1981: Jesuit House (Anchorage, AK)
- 1982-1983: Mount St. Vincent (Seattle, WA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William T. McIntyre:
Fr. William T. McIntyre was a priest of the Oregon Province, ordained in 1943. McIntyre spent his whole career in Alaska.
According to the 2010 bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Diocese of Fairbanks, more than one person had claims pending of abuse by McIntyre.
In 2018, McIntyre was included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It notes allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse that took place in 1958-1959. At the time of the abuse, McIntyre was assigned to St. Francis Xavier Mission in Kotzebue, Alaska. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
McIntyre died in 1983.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.