Father William Singleton
Diocese of Rockville Centre
- 1950-1969: Our Lady of Lourdes (Malverne, NY)
- 1969-1970: St. Martha (Uniondale, NY)
- 1970-1977: St. Luke (Brentwood, NY)
- 1974-Unknown: Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Deanery
- 1977-1978: St. Raymond (East Rockaway, NY)
- 1978-1981: Our Lady, Star of the Sea Deanery
- 1995-1996: St. Raymond (East Rockaway, NY)
- 1997-1998: St. Therese of Lisieux (Montauk, NY)
- 2000: St. Matthew (Dix Hills, NY)
- 2002-2004: Our Lady of Peace (Lynbrook, NY)
- 2004: St. Frances (Wantagh, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father William Singleton:
Fr. William Singleton was a priest in the Diocese of Rockville Centre. According to media reports, Fr. Singleton was elevated to the rank of monsignor in 2005. He is listed on the Diocese of Rockville Centre’s 2021 List of Clergy Credibly Accused of Sexual Abuse of a Minor. The list states that the alleged sexual abuse occurred while Singleton worked at St. Raymond Church in East Rockaway, NY, sometime between 1977-1996. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Fr. Singleton died in 2012 at the age of 88.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.