Brother William (Vincent) Rettino
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1978-1981: Boy Scouts of America (Middletown, NY)
- 1962-1963: Don Bosco Hall (Detroit, MI)
- 1964-1972: Holy Name School (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1973-1975: Ryken High School (Leonardtown, MD)
- 1976-1977: Diocese of Brooklyn (Cluster School, Brooklyn, NY)
- 1982-1992: St. Joseph by the Sea High School (Staten Island, NY)
- 1993-1994: Our Lady of Good Counsel High School (Wheaton, MD)
- 1995-2000: St. Joseph by the Sea High School, (Staten Island, NY)
- 2001-2019: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Brother William (Vincent) Rettino:
Br. William (Vincent) Rettino was a member of the Brothers of St. Francis Xavier. According to media reports, in 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Xaverian Brothers’ list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. It noted a report was made in 1992 that Rettino allegedly sexually abused at least one minor from the late 1960s to the early 1970s in Brooklyn, New York. He withdrew from the Xaverian Brothers in 2006.
Rettino’s status as a brother, whereabouts, and whether he has access to children are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.