Sexually Abused by a Priest in the Diocese of Richmond? We Can Help.
Our law firm is offering free, confidential evaluations of clergy sexual abuse claims involving priests of the Diocese of Richmond regardless of how long ago the abuse occurred. We have been handling clergy abuse cases for decades and have the experience you need to seek justice for what happened to you. Contact us today at (954) 641-2100 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to find out your legal options.
Recent developments in the Commonwealth of Virginia, including the announcement of a voluntary compensation fund created by the Bishop of Richmond, have changed the legal landscape for survivors of sexual abuse by clergy in the Diocese of Richmond.
The Diocese of Richmond has established a voluntary compensation fund for survivors of sexual abuse, but you must act soon.
Recently, the Bishop of Richmond, Barry Knestout, announced that the Diocese of Richmond will participate in a confidential, voluntary compensation settlement fund for victims of sexual abuse by clergy in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The fund, called the Independent Reconciliation Program (IRP), is modeled after similar funds in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, will compensate victims in a shorter, more cursory process than full-blown litigation. A settlement administration firm, BrownGreer PLC, will review each claim as a neutral third party and award compensation. We have extensive experience handling claims in the compensation funds and are very familiar with the process and expectations of the settlement fund administrators
There will be a deadline by which all claims must be registered with the Diocese of Richmond IRP, so it is important that you act today to protect your rights under the fund. Contact us today to discuss your options. All claims must be registered with the compensation fund by April 3, 2020, so it is important that you contact us soon.
Through Our Own Investigation, We Have Identified 61 Catholic Clergy Accused of Sexual Abuse in the Diocese of Richmond, and that Number is Expected to Grow.
Through our own investigative efforts, our team has identified 61 Catholic clergy assigned in the Diocese of Richmond who have been publicly accused of sexually abusing minors, some of whom were named for the first time by our lawyers. The Diocese of Richmond has not even identified that many men who have been accused of sexual abuse while working for the Diocese of Richmond.
Therefore, we believe it to be the most comprehensive list of accused priests publicly available today. In many cases, the priests listed below were the subject of multiple allegations, or were moved to a new parish after allegations arose.
- Fr. Richard Ahern (Stigmatine)
- Fr. Stanley Banaszek (Maryknoll)
- Msgr. Raymond Barton
- Fr. Frederick J. Beardsley
- Fr. John Paul Blankenship
- Fr. John Raymond Bostwick
- Fr. Francis Bourbon (Jesuit)
- Fr. Martin D. Brady (Franciscan)
- Fr. Robert Brooks
- Fr. Gordian Burkhardt (Benedictine)
- Fr. Charles Jeffries Burton (Jesuit)
- Fr. John R. Butler
- Fr. Anthony M. Canu (Franciscan)
- Fr. Patrick J. Cassidy
- Fr. Eugene Daigle (Redemptorist)
- Fr. William Dinga, Jr.
- Fr. Terence Doyle (Trinitarian)
- Bp. Carroll Dozier
- Fr. Bernadine George Dyer (Dominican Friar)
- Fr. Richard Earley (Josephite)
- Fr. James Fedor
- Fr. Harris M. Findlay
- Fr. Frederick George (Benedictine)
- Fr. George George (Maronite)
- Fr. Richard Bernard Goff
- Fr. Julian B. Goodman
- Fr. James J. Gormley (Jesuit)
- Fr. John B. Hesch
- Fr. Philip J. Higgins
- Fr. Adelbert Holmes (Glenmary Home Missioners)
- Fr. Paul J. Kamerdze
- Fr. Eugene Kelly
- Fr. Andrew William Paul Krafcik
- Fr. John E. Leonard
- Fr. Roland E. Leveille
- Fr. Thomas Long, Jr.
- Fr. Augustine Ludwig (Benedictine)
- Fr. Joseph Majewski
- Fr. Aedan Manning (Trinitarian)
- Fr. Leonardo Mateo
- Fr. James H. McConnell
- Fr. Roland (Owen John) Melody (Trinitarian)
- Fr. John J. Munley
- Fr. Dennis P. Murphy
- Fr. Vincent The Quang Nguyen
- Fr. Robert E. Nudd
- Fr. Joseph Thang Xuan Pham
- Fr. Francis Philben (Holy Ghost)
- Fr. John Rea
- Fr. William T. Reinecke
- Sr. Eileen Rhoads (Immaculate Heart of Mary)
- Fr. James L. Rizer
- Fr. Oscar Alexander “Paul” Rodriguez
- Fr. Andrew Roy (a/k/a Fr. Andres Rodriquez)
- Fr. Steven Rule
- Fr. Paul D. Ryan
- Fr. Austin L. Ryder
- Fr. Donald Scales (Benedictine)
- Fr. Dwight E. Shrader
- Fr. Joseph Slowik
- Fr. Oliver J. Smalls
- Fr. Ed Smith (Glenmary Home Missioners)
- Fr. Thomas Summers
- Fr. Thomas Sykes (Franciscan)
- Fr. Eugene J. Teslovic
If you believe that you qualify for participation in the fund, contact us today. For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Richmond in Virginia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Virginia, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Richmond now have legal options, but strict filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Virginia and nationwide. We can help. Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.