April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month in America. The month is dedicated to raising awareness and preventing child abuse to ensure that every child grows up in a safe, stable, and nurturing environment that is free from abuse and neglect. At Horowitz Law, we believe EVERY month should be Child Abuse Prevention Month and we are dedicated to employing all of our resources toward that goal.
The prevalence of child sexual abuse is difficult to determine because it is often not reported; experts agree that the incidence is far greater than what is reported to authorities. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Children’s Bureau report Child Maltreatment 2010 found that 9.2% of victimized children were sexually assaulted.
- 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys is a victim of child sexual abuse;
- Self-report studies show that 20% of adult females and 5-10% of adult males recall a childhood sexual assault or sexual abuse incident;
- During a one-year period in the U.S., 16% of youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
- Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of U.S. youth ages 14 to 17 had been sexually victimized;
- Children are most vulnerable to child sexual abuse between the ages of 7 and 13.
Attorney Adam Horowitz has filed countless sexual misconduct claims on behalf of children who have been sexually abused in a variety of settings including schools, churches, daycare, camps, and youth activities Iff you or a family member have a been a victim of child sexual abuse, please contact our law firm at (954) 641-2100 or send an email to sexual abuse lawyer Adam Horowitz at email@example.com