Father John A. Close
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Suits filed: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1969-1972 Christ the King (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1971-1972 Serra Club of (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1972 Saint John the Evangelist (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1972-1984 Cardinal O’Hara High School (Springfield, PA)
- 1982-1987 Sisters of Saint Francis, Assisi House (Aston, PA)
- 1984-1987 Saint James Catholic High School for Boys (Chester, PA)
- 1987-1990 Saint Pius X High School (Pottstown, PA)
- 1987-1990 Saint Mary of Providence Center (Elverson, PA)
- 1990-1994 Wood High School (Warminster, PA)
- 1991-1994 Regina Coeli Residence for Priests (Warminster, PA)
- 1994-1996 Saint Michael the Archangel (Levittown, PA)
- 1996-2000 Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary (Overbrook, PA)
- 1997-2011 Legatus, Philadelphia Chapter(Philadelphia, PA)
- 2000-2006 Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2011 Placed on administrative leave
Summary of Allegations Against Father John A. Close:
According to a statement released but the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Father John Close was one of the twenty-one priests placed on administrative leave in 2011 pending an investigation for credible allegations involving sexual abuse or inappropriate behavior with minors. As of June 2011, there were two known accusers, both male and both who claimed that Father Close had sexually abused them as young teens, one in 1969, the other from 1992-1994. Father Close denied the allegations. One of the victims claims that he had tried to report the abuse to the Archdiocese of Philadelphia in 1998, but they did not respond to his call. Both accusers said they reported the abuse to police, but were told that Father Close could not be investigated due to the statute of limitations. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia did investigate in 2004 but deemed the allegations unsubstantiated. Father John close died in March 2018.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.