Father Michael J. Donofrio
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Placed on leave: 2003
Suits filed: 2002
Assigned as follows:
- 1976-1981 Queen of the Universe (Levittown, PA)
- 1977-1979 Bishop Conwell High School
- 1977-1979 Associate Director, CYO Regional
- 1981-1982 Saint Maria Goretti High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1981-1986 St. Thomas Aquinas (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1986-1990 St. Henry (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1988 Release to Outside Service, Diocese of Caguas (Puerto Rico)
- 1988-1990 Little Flower High School (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1990-1996 Release to Outside Service, Society of St. James the Apostle
- 1996-2003 Release to Outside Service, Diocese of Abancay (Peru)
- 2003-2007 Leave of Absence
Summary of Allegations Against Father Michael J. Donofrio:
According to the 2005 Grand Jury Report, Father Michael Donofrio was accused of abusing of a 12 yr old boy from 1982-1983. The Archdiocese of Philadelphia was notified of Father Donofrio’s actions in 2002. According to the records Father Michael Donofrio was working in Peru when Monsignor Lynn requested from Bishop Ribera that Father Michael Donofrio be relieved of his priestly duties in Peru. He was Removed from that assignment in 2003 and placed on restricted leave. He was also requested to return to Philadelphia for a psychological evaluation. Donofrio submitted a petition for voluntary laicization to the Vatican and he was laicized in 2007.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.