Father Charles Demblowski
Diocese of Pittsburgh
Assigned as Follows:
- 1943-1952 – St. Ladislaus (Natrona, PA)
- St. Francis Xavier Church (Pittsburgh, PA)
- St. Paul Cathedral (Oakland, PA)
- 1955-1958 – Newman Club chaplain at University of Pittsburgh and Chatham College
- 1958-1971 – Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Natrona Heights, PA)
- 1971-1983 – St. Joseph Church (O’Hara, PA)
- 1983-1985 – St. Joachim Church (Greenfield, PA)
- 1985 – Retired
- 1985-1986 – St. Lawrence (Middlebourne, WV)
Summary of Allegations Against Father Charles Demblowski:
Father Charles Demblowski was first publicly identified as a priest accused of sexual abuse on the Diocese of Pittsburgh’s 2018 list of accused priests. No information was provided by the Diocese of Pittsburgh about the allegation(s) against Demblowski except to say that the Diocese received the first allegation in 2004. The age/gender of the victim, or Demblowski’s assignment at the time of the abuse, are unknown.
According to Demblowski’s obituary, he moved to Middlebourne, West Virginia after his retirement in 1985. Media reports show that he worked for St. Lawrence while he lived there.
Demblowski died in Wheeling, West Virginia, in 1989.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.