Father Charles Demblowski
Diocese of Pittsburgh
Assigned as Follows:
- 1943-1952 – St. Ladislaus (Natrona, PA)
- St. Francis Xavier Church (Pittsburgh, PA)
- St. Paul Cathedral (Oakland, PA)
- 1955-1958 – Newman Club chaplain at University of Pittsburgh and Chatham College
- 1958-1971 – Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Natrona Heights, PA)
- 1971-1983 – St. Joseph Church (O’Hara, PA)
- 1983-1985 – St. Joachim Church (Greenfield, PA)
- 1985 – Retired
- 1985-1986 – St. Lawrence (Middlebourne, WV)
Summary of Allegations Against Father Charles Demblowski:
Father Charles Demblowski, a Pittsburgh native, was accused of sexually abusing a minor. The allegations were reported to the Diocese of Pittsburgh in 2004. According to his obituary, he moved to Middlebourne, West Virginia after his retirement. Media reports show that he worked for St. Lawrence while he lived there. The Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston in West Virginia received no reports of abuse. His funeral and burial were in Pittsburgh. Bishop Donald Wuerl of the Diocese of Pittsburgh presided over the funeral.
Demblowski died in Wheeling, West Virginia, in 1989.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.