Father George Kurutz
Diocese of Pittsburgh
Assigned as Follows:
- 1944 – St. Stephen (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 1944-1952 – St. Joseph, West Aliquippa/St. Catherine Parish (Wireton, PA)
- 1952-1955 – St. George (South Side, PA)
- 1955 – Holy Trinity (McKeesport, PA)
- 1955-1960 – Immaculate Conception (Washington, PA)
- 1960-1961 – Our Lady of Consolation, Nemacolin/St. Mary Parish, Crucible/Sacred Heart (Rices Landing, PA)
- 1961-1965 – St Lawrence O’Toole (Pittsburgh, PA)
- 1965-1967 – St. Michael (New Castle PA)
- 1967-1976 – St. Helen (East Pittsburgh, PA)
- 1976 – Resigned
Summary of Allegations Against Father George Kurutz:
Father George Kurutz is alleged to have sexually abused a young girl and her sister in the late 50s and early 60s. He laid next to the victim and groped under her clothing. She added that her sister told her she had seen their mother giving oral sex to Father Kurutz. These accusations are from a 1996 letter from a 47-year-old woman found in the records of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Kurutz died in 1977.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Pittsburgh now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.