Fr. Girard F. Angelo – Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- June 1955 – October 1955: St. Matthew’s (East Stroudsburg, PA)
- October 1955 – Sept. 1959: St. Thomas (Archbald, PA)
- Sept. 1959 – Sept. 1962: St. Lucy (Scranton, PA)
- Sept. 1962 – July 1963: St. Francis (Scranton, PA)
- July 1963 – Sept. 1967: Mater Delorosa (Williamsport, PA)
- Sept. 1967 – March 1972: Our Lady of Grace (Hazleton, PA)
- March 1972 – July 2003, St. Raphael (Harleigh, PA)
- July 2003: Sacred Heart of Jesus (Harleigh, PA)
During his time at St. Raphael, Angelo appears to have been assigned to Bishop Hafey High School in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, as well.
Summary of Allegations against Fr. Angelo:
In September 2002, the Bishop of Scranton, James C. Timlin, received a letter from a man who reported he had been sexually abused by Angelo when he was 14 at Mater Delorosa parish in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in the early 1960s. Angelo denied the allegations when confronted. The Bishop reportedly told the victim, who expressed that he did not want to have to sue the Diocese of Scranton, that he would never see any money from the Diocese of Scranton if he tried.
Angelo died in 2009.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.