Father Joseph D. Hulko
Diocese of Allentown (Pennsylvania)
Absent on sick leave: 1981-1985
Assigned as follows:
- 1967-1970 Reading Central Catholic High School (Reading, PA)
- 1967-1970 Ss. Cyril and Methodius (Reading, PA)
- 1970 Newman Center (Bethlehem, PA)
- 1970 St. Catharine of Siena (Reading, PA) –in residence
- 1970-1977 Nativity High School (Pottsville, PA)
- 1970-1971 Mary Queen of Peace (Pottsville, PA) – in residence
- 1971 Chaplain, St. Francis Orphanage (Orwigsburg, PA)
- 1971-1978 St. John the Baptist (Pottsville, PA)
- 1978-1982 St. Michael (Lansford, PA)
- 1981-1985 Absent on Sick Leave
- 1985-1987 St. Margaret (Reading, PA)
- 1987-1988 St. Bernard (Easton, PA)
- 1988-1990 Assignment unknown
- 1990-1994 St. Joseph (Limeport, PA)
- 1994-1995 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Bethlehem, PA)
- 1995-2000 St. Anthony of Padua (Easton, PA)
- 2000-2003 Notre Dame of Bethlehem (Bethlehem, PA)
- Sept. 2003 Retired
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph Hulko:
Hulko admitted to abusing at least one girl at the St. Francis Orphanage during his brief assignment there in 1971 when confronted by the Diocese of Allentown in 2003. She was 14 years old at the time of the abuse. He later described himself as a “sex addict.”
Hulko retired as a priest in good standing, though the Diocese of Allentown recently claimed it removed him, and is believed to be living in Missouri, where he still receives his pension checks from the Diocese of Allentown.
According to the grand jury report, Hulko was treated an astounding six times at inpatient treatment facilities for sexual misconduct. Based upon our firm’s experience, such treatment is a last resort exercised only after all other attempts at “correction” have failed, often at the expense of even more children. To us, that means there are many, many victims of Joseph Hulko who are suffering in shame and secrecy and need help. Please know that you are not alone and there is help available.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Allentown. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Allentown may have legal options against the Diocese of Allentown.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.