Monsignor Charles W. Heid – Diocese of Scranton
Assigned as follows:
- 1936-1938 St. Mary of the Mount (Mt. Pocono, PA)
- 1938-1940 St. Mary of the Assumption (Scranton, PA)
- 1940-1944 St. Peter’s Cathedral (Scranton, PA)
- 1944-1951 St. Catherine (Moscow, PA)
- 1948-1954 Director, Scranton Catholic Youth Center
- 1951 St. Ann (Tobyhanna, PA)
- 1953-1974 Our Lady of the Snows (Clarks Summit, PA)
- 1974-1986 St. Mary of Mount Carmel (Dunmore, PA)
- 1986-1991 Pastor Emeritus, St. Mary of Mount Carmel (Dunmore, PA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Msgr. Charles Heid:
Monsignor Charles Heid was not identified or discussed in the 2018 grand jury report but his name did appear on the August 2018 list of credibly accused priests published by the Diocese of Scranton. Unfortunately, no information was provided as to the gender/age of the victim(s) nor the date(s) the abuse is alleged to have occurred. However, it does mean that the allegation(s) was found to be credible by the Diocese of Scranton’s internal Review Board.
Heid died in 1991 as a priest in good standing.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or email@example.com today.