Father Alexander Larkin
Diocese of San Jose
Restricted ministry: 2005
- 1967-1968: St. Cecilia Parish (San Francisco, CA)
- 1968-1974: St. Pius X Parish (Redwood City, CA)
- 1974-1981: Our Lady of the Rosary Parish (Palo Alto, CA)
- 1981-1985: St. William’s Parish (Los Altos, CA)
- 1986-1987: St. John Vianney Parish (San Jose, CA)
- 1987-1987: Stanford University Newman Center (Stanford, CA)
- 1987-1992: St. Thomas Aquinas Parish (Palo Alto, CA)
- 1992-1996: Chancery, Diocese of San Jose (San Jose, CA)
- 1996-2005: Sacred Heart Parish (Saratoga, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Alexander Larkin:
Fr. Alexander Larkin was ordained a priest in 1967 who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, he was placed on leave in December 2004, amid allegations that he had abused two children between 1975 and 1980 at Our Lady of the Rosary in Palo Alto. Another man said he was abused at St. William’s in 1981. At least one civil suit was filed, in December 2003, and was settled by April 2006. Larkin denied any wrongdoing. No criminal charges were filed.
In October 2018, his name was included on the Diocese of San Jose list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted that he was put on restricted ministry in 2005 and permanently banned from ministry in 2009.
His last known whereabouts were in San Jose, California.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.