Father Charles Bartles
Diocese of Palm Beach/Jesuits
- 1965-1967: St. Mary’s College (St. Mary’s, KS)
- 1967-1971: Jesuit High School (Tampa, FL)
- 1971-1972: Campion College (Kingston, Jamaica)
- 1972-1978: Ignatius Retreat House (Atlanta, GA)
- 1972-1978: Marist School (Atlanta, GA)
- 1978-1982: Our Lady of the Snows (Nulato, AK)
- 1982-1985: St. John Berchman (Galena, AK)
- 1985-1986: Monroe High School (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1986-1988: Immaculate Conception (Bethel, AK)
- Unknown: St. Ann’s Church (New Orleans, LA)
- 1989-1993: Foreign Mission: Instituto Souza (Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Charles Bartles:
Fr. Charles Bartles was ordained a Jesuit priest in 1965. He went on to work in Kansas, Florida, Georgia, Alaska, New Orleans, Jamaica, and Brazil. In 2010, there was an accusation of molesting at least one child against Bartles that was revealed in the Fairbanks diocese’s bankruptcy reorganization documents.
In 2018, the Jesuit Order also released a list of credibly accused Jesuit Priests formerly assigned to Jesuit High School in Tampa, Florida in which Bartles was named.
Bartles died in 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Palm Beach in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.