Father Daniel Polizzi
Diocese of San Bernardino
Assigned as follows:
- 1970: St. Francis Solano (Sonoma, CA)
- 1971: Immaculate Conception (Colton, CA)
- 1972-1973: St. George (Ontario, CA)
- 1974: Sacred Heart (Ocean Beach) (San Diego, CA)
- 1975: St. Catherine Laboure (San Diego, CA)
- 1976: San Diego State University (San Diego, CA)
- 1977-1981: St. Catherine Laboure (San Diego, CA)
- 1982-1989: Special Assignment
- 1990: Our Lady of Refuge (Pacific Beach) (San Diego, CA)
- 1991-1993: On Duty Outside Diocese
- 1992: Christ the King (Kahului, HI)
- 1994: Unassigned
- 1995-1997: Scripps Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1995-1997: All Hallows Church (La Jolla, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Daniel Polizzi:
Fr. Daniel Polizzi was ordained for the Diocese of Santa Rosa. In May 1970, he was transferred to the Diocese of San Diego. According to media reports, in 1996, a hospital-bound 16-year-old boy who was dependent on a ventilator for several years and only able to communicate by using his eyes managed to let hospital workers know he had been fondled by the priest. Scripps Memorial Hospital reported the incident to Child Protective Services, the Diocese of San Diego, and the police. Polizzi denied the allegation and no criminal charges were ever pursued. He was immediately suspended after being accused of abuse in October 1996.
Polizzi was permanently removed from ministry in 1997. In March 2007, his name was included in the Diocese of San Diego’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors, and on the Diocese of Santa Rosa’s list released in January 2019. He died in 2003.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in San Bernardino, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.