Father Edmund Byrne
Diocese of Scranton
- 1938-1940: Nativity of Our Lord (Scranton, PA)
- 1940: Saint Matthew (Stroudsburg, PA)
- 1940-1941: Saint Basil (Dushore, PA)
- 1941-1945: Saint Joseph (Minooka, PA)
- 1945-1950: Cathedral of Saint Peter (Scranton, PA)
- 1950-1958: Saint Mary (Dunmore, PA)
- 1958-1961: College Misericordia (Dallas, TX)
- 1971: Incardinated, Dioceses of Oklahoma City and Tulsa
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Edmund Byrne:
According to media reports, Fr. Edmund Byrne was named publicly by the Diocese of Tulsa on its 2019 list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. His name was also added to the 2020 Diocese of Scranton, where he had four parish assignments prior to being incardinated in 1971 into the Diocese of Oklahoma City and Tulsa. The details of the sexual abuse allegations, including when and where the alleged abuse occurred, or the victim’s age/gender, are unknown.
Fr. Byrne died in May 1991.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Scranton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Scranton may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Pennsylvania and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.