Father Edward Balestrieri
Diocese of Trenton
Assigned as follows:
- 1959-1960 Unknown
- 1961-1968 Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Asbury Park, NJ)
- 1969-1970 St. James (Italian) (Trenton, NJ)
- 1971 (Pikesville, MD)
- 1972 St. Ann (Italian) (Bristol, PA)
- 1973-1978 Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Asbury Park, NJ)
- 1979-1981 St. Joseph (Marion, IL)
- 1982-1983 Good Samaritan Hospital (Mount Vernon, IL)
- 1984-1987 St. Joseph (Cobden, IL)
- 1988-1989 St. Mary (Shawneetown, IL)
- 1990-1994 St. Mary Magdalen (Todd’s Mill, IL)
- 1995 Unknown
- 1996-1999 St. Paul (Vienna, IL)
- 2000-2002 St. Mary (Sesser, IL)
- 2003-2006 Leave of Absence
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Edward Balestrieri:
Father Edward Balestrieri was a priest of the Order of the Most Holy Trinity. In 1985, he was incardinated into the Diocese of Belleville. According to media reports, in May 2002, he was removed from ministry after a woman wrote to Trinitarian officials alleging that Father Balestrieri “inappropriately touched her son,” age 11, in 1975 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Asbury Park. No charges were filed because the five-year statute of limitations had run out.
Father Balestrieri retired in 2007, and died in September 2012.
In December 2018, Father Balestrieri’s name appeared on the Diocese of Belleville’s list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Trenton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Trenton, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Trenton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.