Father Francis Hogan
Diocese of Buffalo
Assigned as follows:
- 1947 Immaculate Conception (Cassadaga, NY)
- 1948-1949 St. John’s (Jamestown, NY)
- 1950 Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Buffalo, NY)
- 1951-1954 Immaculate Conception (Wellsville, NY)
- 1955-1956 Saints Peter and Paul (Hamburg, NY)
- 1957-1963 Blessed Trinity (Buffalo, NY)
- 1964-1965 St. Ambrose (Buffalo, NY)
- 1966-1970 St. Mary (Little Valley, NY)
- 1971-1981 St. Patrick (Salamanca, NY)
- 1982 Absent on leave
- 1983-1984 Sick leave
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Francis Hogan:
According to media reports, in March 2018, Father Francis Hogan’s name was included in the Diocese of Buffalo’s list of priests who “were removed from ministry, were retired, or left ministry after allegations of sexual abuse of a minor.” No information regarding the allegations was disclosed, however, the list includes deceased priests only if they have more than one allegation. Father Hogan retired in 1985 and died in 2010.
In August 2019, he was accused in a lawsuit filed under the NY Child Victims Act, of molesting a child from 1948 to 1949 at St. John’s Church in Jamestown. The victim, was an altar boy, about 9 to 10 years old at the time.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Buffalo. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Buffalo, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Buffalo now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.