Father Henry Marcinek
Diocese of Greensburg
Assigned as follows:
- 1956 – 1957: Holy Name (Monessen, PA)
- 1957 – 1958: SS Cyril & Methodius (Fairchance, PA)
- 1958 – 1960: Holy Trinity (Ford City, PA)
- 1960 – 1965: Holy Rosary Church (Republic, PA)
- 1965 – 1967: St. Mary Church (Uniontown, PA)
- 1967 – 1970: St. Elizabeth Church (Starford, PA); Sacred Heart (Dixonville, PA)
- 1970 – 1973: Holy Rosary Church (Republic, PA)
- 1973 – 1982: Holy Cross (Youngwood and St. Gilbert Church (Hunker, PA)
- 1982 – 1985: St. Pius X (Mt. Pleasant, PA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Henry Marcinek:
Fr. Henry Marcinek was ordained a priest in 1956, who served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Greensburg. According to media reports, in 2018, he was first named publicly as accused in the PA Grand Jury report. It revealed in 2007, a 45-year-old man reported that Father Henry Marcinek sexually assaulted him for over a decade, starting in approximately 1972. He said the abuse began at the age of 10 during the victim’s time at Holy Rosary grammar school, and that it continued for more than 8 years. He was one of Marcinek’s altar boys, and was often asked to “help” around the rectory so that Marinek could have time alone with him. Soon, he was accompanying Marcinek to his cabin or on other trips when the boy was forced to share a bed with the priest.
In response to the allegation, the Diocese of Greensburg paid the man $10,000.00 and gave him 90 counseling sessions.
Marcinek died in 1987 as a retired priest in good standing.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Greensburg. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Greensburg may have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us.