Father Herbert de Launay
Diocese of Lafayette
Assigned as follows:
- Our Lady of the Holy Rosary (Kaplan, LA)
- Our Lady Queen of All Saints (Ville Platte, LA)
- Our Lady of Sacred Heart (Church Point, LA)
- St. John the Baptist (Lyons Point, LA)
- American Legion Hospital (Crowley, LA)
- St. Ann Catholic Church (Mamou, LA)
- Our Lady of Holy Rosary (Kaplan, LA)
- St. Andrew (Plaisance, LA)
- St. Peter (Carencro, LA)
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help (New Iberia, LA)
- St. Bernadette Catholic Church (Bayou Vista, LA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Fr. Herbert de Launay:
Fr. Herbert de Launay was ordained a priest in 1975, and served in multiple parishes in the Diocese of Lafayette According to media reports, in April of 2019, he was publicly named on the Diocese of Lafayette’s disclosure list of “diocesan clergy against whom credible allegations have been made regarding sexual abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult.” Information about the date, age/gender of his alleged victim/victims and the nature of the alleged sexual abuse was not provided by the Diocese of Lafayette.
According to Herbert de Launay’s LinkedIn profile, Fr. de Launay is self-employed and lives in Natchitoches, LA.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Lafayette in Louisiana. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Louisiana, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Lafayette may now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Louisiana and nationwide. We can help.