Father John A. Guichard (a/k/a Fr. John Guischard)
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1968-1970 St. Mary; Green Mountain; Castleton Teachers Colleges (Fair Haven, VT)
- 1969-1970 Director of Seminarians (Burlington, VT)
- 1970-1973 Champlain College (Burlington, VT)
- 1973 St. Peter (Vergennes, VT)
- 1970-1974 Propagation of Faith & Holy Child Organization (Burlington, VT)
- 1973-1975 St. Thomas (Underhill VT)
- 1975-1985 St. John the Baptist (Castleton, VT)
- 1985-1991 Our Lady of Fatima (Wilmington, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John A. Guichard:
Father John A. Guichard served in Vermont for approximately 23 years. He retired in 1991, but continued campus ministry work at St. Joseph’s College in Rutland. He died in May 2007.
According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.