Father John Beatty
Diocese of San Diego
Assigned as Follows:
- 1951-1954: Cathedral Boys’ High School (Springfield, IL)
- 1955: Spalding Institute (Peoria, IL)
- 1956-1961: St. Patrick’s (Kankakee, IL)
- 1962: St. Martin’s (Martinton, IL)
- 1963-1965: Alleman High School (Rock Island, IL)
- 1963-1965: Blessed Sacrament (San Diego, CA)
- 1966-1968: Marian High School (Imperial Beach, CA)
- 1968-1970: St. Pius X (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1970: Our Lady of Guadalupe (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1972: Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine (Riverside, CA)
- 1973: Mercy Hospital (San Diego, CA)
- 1973-1976: St. John of the Cross (Lemon Grove, CA)
- 1977: St. Columba (San Diego, CA)
- 1980: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father John Beatty:
Father John Beatty was originally ordained in the Diocese of Peoria in 1950 and was then transferred to the Diocese of San Diego in 1963. He served in multiple roles throughout his career including parish priest, high school teacher and a hospital Chaplain. According to media reports, in September 2018, his name was added to the Diocese of San Diego list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. it was also included on the Diocese of Joliet List updated list released in February 2021.
No specific information was given about the nature of the abuse or the number of victims that Father Beatty had accumulated over the years.
Father John Beatty retired in January 1985, and died in July 1997.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Diego in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Diego now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.