Father John H. Dux
Diocese of St. Augustine
- 1973-1974: Parochial Vicar St. Paul Parish (Jacksonville, FL)
- 1973-1974: Religion Teacher Bishop Kenny High School (Jacksonville, FL)
- 1974-1977: Parochial Vicar St. Patrick Parish (Gainesville, FL)
- 1977-1983: Administrator St. Madeleine Sophie Parish (High Springs, FL)
- 1983-1985: Pastor St. Madeleine Sophie Parish (High Springs, FL)
- 1985-1998: Chaplain United States Navy
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father John H. Dux:
Fr. John Dux was ordained a priest in 1973. Dux worked in the Diocese of St. Augustine until 1985. He was a US Navy chaplain from 1985-1998. He was also living and assisting in the Diocese of Charleston for a time.
The Diocese of Charleston announced that Dux had been credibly accused of sexually abusing a minor in 1976, while assigned to St. Patrick’s in Gainesville, Florida. The allegation was received in 2019 and his faculties were removed.
In 2020, Dux was included on the Diocese of Charleston list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. In 2020, Dux was also included on a list of priests in the Diocese of St. Augustine named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse.
As of 2020, Dux resided in Charleston, South Carolina. Dux’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of St. Augustine in Florida. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Florida, contact our office today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in Florida and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.