Father John “Jack” Kenney
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1957-1962 St. Charles (Bellows Falls, VT)
- 1962-1965 St. Joseph (Burlington, VT)
- 1965-1966 St. James (Island Pond, VT)
- 1966-1992 Released for U.S. Air Force service
- 1992-1994 U.S. Army
- 1994 St. Jude (Hinesburg, VT)
- 1994-1996 St. Lawrence (Essex Junction, VT)
- 1996-1997 Blessed Sacrament (Stowe, VT)
- 2002 St. Peter (Vergennes, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father John “Jack” Kenney:
Father John “Jack” Kenney served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 12 years. According to media reports, in 2006, he was accused in a lawsuit of sexually abusing a teenage boy while assigned to St. Joseph’s Cathedral from 1962 to 1965. The case was settled, and he was removed from ministry.
In August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. In August 2019, he was 91 years olds and living in West Glover.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.