Father Joseph Maxime Mooney
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1917-1922 Notre Dame (St. Johnsbury, VT)
- 1922-1926 St. Joseph Church (Burlington, VT)
- 1926-1928 St. Mary Star of the Sea (Newport,VT)
- 1928-1939 St. Ignatius (Lowell, VT)
- 1939-1947 St. Vincent de Paul (North Troy, VT)
- 1947-1956 Holy Family (Essex Jct., VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph Maxime Mooney:
Father Joseph Maxime Mooney served in Vermont parishes for approximately 39 years. He retired for health reasons in 1956. He died in 1965.
According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.