Father Justin Langille
Diocese of Paterson
Assigned as follows:
- 1981 Graduate Studies (San Diego, CA)
- 1982-1983 Our Mother of Confidence (San Diego, CA)
- 1984-1986 Ascension (San Diego, CA)
- 1987-1988 Sacred Heart (Coronado, CA)
- 1989 St. Francis Seminary (San Diego, CA)
- 1990 Special Assignment; St. Francis Seminary (San Diego, CA)
- 1991 St. Therese (San Diego, CA)
- 1992 Leave of Absence
- 1993-1996 Santa Sophia (Spring Valley, CA)
- 1996 University of San Diego (San Diego, CA)
- 1996-2007 Leave of absence; Contemplative Outreach International, West Milford, NJ)
- 2008-2012 St. Louis de Marillac (El Cajon, CA)
- 2013-2015 Unknown
- 2016-2019 Unassigned
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Justin Langille:
According to media reports, in October 2018, Father Justin Langille was suspended from ministry following a review by the Diocesan Independent Review Board in which it found ‘significant new information’ of an allegation of sexual misconduct with a teenage girl in the early 1990s, that undermined the priest’s denials.
The Diocese of Paterson first received the allegation in 1995, but after an investigation diocesan officials said they could not substantiate the claim. Father Langille took a leave of absence and worked for Contemplative Outreach International, a New Jersey-based group that supports small faith groups from 1996 to 2007. In 2002, the case was reviewed again, prompted by the clergy sexual abuse scandal in Boston. Father Langille passed a polygraph test, which was a substantial determining factor at the time.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Trenton. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Trenton, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Trenton now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.