Father Michael Walsh
- 1971-1973: St. Joseph (Marysville, CA)
- 1973-1976: St. Thomas the Apostle (Oroville, CA)
- 1976-1978: St. Robert (Sacramento, CA)
- 1978-1981: Chaplaincy: All Hallows (Sacramento, CA)
- 1982-1985: Holy Spirit (Sacramento, CA)
- 1985-2000: Leave of Absence
- 2000-2002: Communications Coordinator, Diocese of Sacramento
- 2000-2002: St. John Vianney (Rancho Cordova, CA)
- 2002-2006: Leave of Absence
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Michael Walsh:
In 1985, Fr. Michael Walsh was placed on a leave of absence after allegations surfaced that he had sexually abused two minors in the 1970s.
The Diocese of Sacramento settled the 1985 lawsuit for $35K, and Walsh went on a “Leave of Absence”. Walsh was no longer serving as a priest but was working as a communications coordinator for the Sacramento Diocese. Another incident of sexual abuse by Walsh was reported to the diocese in 1992.
Walsh retired in 2006, and his faculties were withdrawn. He was named on the Diocese of Sacramento list of priests credibly accused of child sexual abuse in 2019.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Sacramento now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.