Father Otto Vogt
Diocese of Rochester
Assigned as follows:
- Saint Boniface, Rochester (1950-54)
- Immaculate Conception, Ithaca (1954-60)
- Holy Cross, Ovid, and Sacred Heart, Romulus (1960)
- Saint Patrick, Elmira (1960-67)
- Saint Mary, Dansville (1967-68)
- Saint Joachim, Canisteo, and Saint Mary, Rexville (1968-75)
- Saint Paul of the Cross, Honeoye Falls (1975-1995)
- Saint Catherine of Siena, Mendon (1986)
- Elmira College (Chaplain)
- Honeoye Falls fire and ambulance department (Chaplain)
- Elmira’s Saint Joseph School of Nursing (teacher)
- Hornell’s Saint James Mercy Hospital (teacher)
- judge of the inter-diocesan tribunal of the Province of New York
- Rochester Psychiatric Center (chaplain)
- Our Lady of Lourdes, Rochester (in residence)
- Saint Thomas More, Rochester (in residence)
- Sisters of Saint Joseph Motherhouse, Pittsford (in residence)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Otto Vogt:
In January 2020, a man filed a civil lawsuit against the Diocese of Rochester alleging that he was sexually abused by Fr. Otto Vogt on more than 60 occasions beginning in 1989. At the time, the man was a 10 year old parishioner at St. Paul of the Cross parish in Honeoye Falls, New York.
According to the man’s attorney, a second man has come forward alleging abuse by Vogt, but he had not yet filed his own lawsuit.
The Diocese of Rochester filed for bankruptcy protection in 2019, and it is possible that additional claims will be made against Vogt in those proceedings.
Vogt died as a retired priest in good standing in 2017. He was 91 years old.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims of sexual abuse in the Diocese of Rochester. The Diocese of Rochester in New York filed for bankruptcy protection in 2019. Our lawyers are now offering free legal consultations to discuss a potential lawsuit and your other options as a survivor of sexual abuse by priests and other employees of the Rochester Diocese.
Very strict filing deadlines have now been set by the Bankruptcy Court. Most victims of abuse will never be able to recover damages if they miss this deadline, so please contact us to discuss your case today. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.