Father Rayner Harrington
Archdiocese of San Francisco/Franciscans
- 1941-1948: St. Anthony’s (San Francisco, CA)
- 1948-1949: St. Francis of Assisi (Spokane, WA)
- 1949-1961: Our Lady of Lourdes (Seattle, WA)
- 1961-1967: St. Anthony’s (Tigard, OR)
- 1967-1968: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1968-1969: Serra High School (Salem, OR)
- 6/69-9/69: Our Lady of Peace Friary (Salem, OR)
- 1969-1976: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
- 1976-1983: St. George’s (Seattle, WA)
- 1983-1986: (Edmonds, WA)
- 1986-1995: St. Elizabeth’s (Oakland, CA)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Rayner Harrington:
Fr. Rayner Harrington was a Franciscan priest, ordained in 1940. In 2019, Fr. Rayner Harrington was included on a list of priests in the Santa Barbara Province Franciscans list who was named as clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. Harrington is also included on a list of priests in the Oakland Diocese who was named as clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. Information about the age/gender of Rayner’s alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
It is only noted that there was a report received in 1966 against Harrington in reference to abuse that took place the same year. Harrington died in 1996.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Francisco now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.