Father Robert Corrigal
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
Left priesthood: 1979
- 1959-1960: Alma college (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1960-1961: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1962-1963: St. Mary’s Mission (St. Mary’s Mission, AK)
- 1963-1965: Pilot Station Mission (Pilot Station, AK)
- 1965-1966: St. Lawrence’s (Mountain Village, AK)
- 1966-1968: Immaculate Conception (Bethel, AK)
- 1968-1970: St. Theresa’s (Aniak, AK)
- 1970-1972: University of Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
- 1972-1973: Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA)
- 1973-1974: Immaculate Conception (Fairbanks, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Robert Corrigal:
Fr. Robert Corrigal was ordained a Jesuit priest of the Oregon Province in 1959, who served in multiple dioceses including in the Diocese of San Jose. He was assigned to remote Eskimo villages in the Diocese of Fairbanks. Corrigal left the priesthood in 1979. He started a counseling program for native Alaskans and later worked for the housing authority in Anchorage.
According to media reports, in 2010, one claim against Fr. Corrigal was shown in the bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Diocese of Fairbanks. In 2018, his name was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of sexual abuse of a child or vulnerable adult. It noted claims reported in 2009 of abuse that took place in 1959 and 1968-1972. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Fr. Corrigal died in 1988.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.