Father Thomas O’Rourke
Diocese of Phoenix
Assigned as follows:
- 1943 – 1944 Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1944 – 1945 Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1945 – 1949 Sacred Heart Novitiate (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1949 – 1956 Loyola University (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1956 – 1961 St. Ignatius (San Francisco, CA)
- 1961 – 1969 Loyola High School (Los Angeles, CA)
- 1969 – 1970 Sacred Heart Novitiate (Los Gatos, CA)
- 1970 – 1975 Jesuit Community at the University of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- 1975 – 1993 Brophy College Preparatory School (Phoenix, AZ)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Thomas O’Rourke:
According to media reports, Father Thomas O’Rourke was accused of sexually abusing a minor in 1968 in Los Angeles, while assigned to Loyola High School. It is unknown when the abuse was reported.
He ministered in San Francisco and Los Angeles, CA, as well as in Phoenix, AZ where he was a staff member at Brophy Prep. from 1975 until his death in January 1993.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Phoenix. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Phoenix, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Phoenix now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.