Father William (Bill) Spine
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1974-1975: Jesuit School of Theology of Loyola University (Chicago, IL)
- 1976-1979: Society of Jesus (Oak Park, IL)
- 1980-1982: Chancay 50 (Lima, Peru)
- 1981-1983: St. Ignatius (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1984-1986: St. Mary’s (Moline, IL)
- 1987-1989: Holy Family (Chicago, IL)
- 1989-1990: Clark St. Jesuit Residence (Chicago, IL)
- 1990-1991: Clark St. Jesuit Residence (Chicago, IL); Jesuit School of Theology (Berkeley, CA)
- 1992-2001: Jesuit Community at Loyola University of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- 2002-2003: St. Paul’s (Lexington, KY)
- 2004: St. Paul’s; Hispanic Ministry (Lexington, KY)
- 2005-2006: Hispanic Ministry (Lexington, KY)
- 2007-2011: Society of Jesus (Chicago, IL)
- 2012-2020: Unknown
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father William (Bill) Spine:
Fr. William (Bill) Spine was ordained a priest of the Society of Jesus. According to media reports, in 2006, he was accused of child sexual abuse in the mid-1970s while he was serving in Peru. He was placed on administrative leave.
Spine’s name was included on the Jesuits’ list of “USA Midwest Province Jesuits with Established Allegation(s) of Sexual Abuse of a Minor,” in the subsection “Midwest Province Jesuits with an established allegation of sexual abuse of a minor.” It noted multiple allegations of child sexual abuse including from 1975 to 1976, while working in the Diocese of Lexington, Kentucky; from 1975 to 1979, while working in Tacna, Peru; and from 1979 to 1982, while working at Our Lady of Mercy in the Bronx, New York, and at St. Ignatius in Brooklyn, New York.
Spine’s current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.