Father William G. Ward
Diocese of Buffalo
Assigned as Follows:
- 1951 St. Leo’s (Winston-Salem, NC)
- 1952 St. Joseph’s (Albion, NY)
- 1953-1955 St. Stephen (Buffalo, NY)
- 1956-1962 Basilica of Our Lady of Victory (Lackawanna, NY)
- 1963-1966 Working Boys Home of the Sacred Heart (Buffalo, NY)
- 1967 Our Lady of Loreto (Falconer, NY)
- 1968-1970 Prince of Peace (Niagara Falls, NY)
- 1971-1978 St. Charles (Niagara Falls, NY)
- 1979 Bishop Burke Manor (Buffalo, NY)
- 1980-1997 Our Lady of Fatima (Elba, NY)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father William G. Ward:
On March 20th, 2018 The Diocese of Buffalo released a list of priests who have been accused of child sexual abuse. It only included deceased priests if there was more than one substantiated claim of abuse against them. One name that was added for the first time was Father William G. Ward. He is believed to have retired in 1998, and lived in Clarence and Buffalo until his death in 2008. As of August 2019, William G. Ward has been one of many priests added to a lawsuit under the New York Child Victims Act. The approximate number of victims is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Contact us at (954) 641-2100 (or toll-free at (888) 283-9922). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.