Monsignor Joseph R. Nunez
Diocese of San Bernardino
Assigned as follows:
- 1928: Our Lady of Guadalupe (San Bernardino, CA)
- 1929: St. Rose of Lima (Chula Vista, CA)
- 1930-1931: St. Anthony’s (National City, CA)
- 1932: Unknown
- 1933-1935: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (San Ysidro, CA)
- 1936: St. George’s (Ontario, CA)
- 1937-1938: Our Lady of Guadalupe (Ontario, CA)
- 1939: St. Francis of Assisi (Riverside, CA)
- 1940-1968: Our Lady of Guadalupe (San Bernardino, CA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Joseph R Nunez:
Msgr. Joseph R Nunez was ordained in Mexico and incardinated in the Diocese of San Diego in 1937. According to media reports, in December 2003, he was named in at least one civil lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a 12-year old boy at a San Bernardino Catholic School from 1956 to 1957. According to the lawsuit, the boy told another priest, but nothing was done to stop the abuse.
After nearly 40 years as a priest, Nunez died in 1968. In October 2010, as part of a settlement with survivors of child sexual abuse, the Diocese of San Diego released his personnel file.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in San Bernardino, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.