Father Joseph DiGregorio
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
Placed on leave: 2011
Assigned as follows:
- 1966-1970 Our Lady of Loreto (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1970-1971 St. Anthony of Padua (Ambler, PA)
- 1971-1976 St. Thomas Aquinas (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1976-1977 St. Mary Magdalen de Pazzi (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1977-1982 Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1982-1987 St. Paul’s (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1987-1988 Epiphany of Our Lord (Philadelphia, PA)
- 1988-1997 Army Reserve on Active Duty
- 1997-1998 Regular Army Chaplain
- 1998-1999 Status uncertain
- 1999-2004 Regular Army Chaplain
- 2004-2005 Status uncertain
- 2005-2010 St. Martin of Tours (Philadelphia, PA)
- 2010-2011 Stella Maris Rectory (Philadelphia, PA)
Summary of Allegations Against Father Joseph DiGregorio:
According to the 2011 Grand Jury Report II, a woman came forward in 2005 to report that Father Joseph DiGregorio had sexually her as a 16-year-old girl in 1967 or 1968 at Our Lady of Loreto in Philadelphia. Initially, the Review Board found the allegation to be credible but reversed its decision in 2006. After the release of Grand Jury Report, Father DiGregorio was placed on leave from his assignment as parochial vicar at Stella Maris Rectory. Father DiGregorio denied all allegations.
In 2012, the internal review board found that DiGregorio had violated the standards of ministerial behavior and boundaries, but was not a danger to children. He was reinstated as an active priest.
Contact us today.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Pennsylvania, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.