Father William Cahill
Diocese of Albany
Assigned as follows:
- 1946 – 1947 Weston College (Weston, MA)
- 1947 – 1949 Fairfield College Prep. High School (Fairfield, CT)
- 1950 – 1960 Cheverus High School (Portland, ME)
- 1960 – 1962 St. Robert’s Hall (Pomfret, CT)
- 1960 – 1962 St. Bernard’s (Fitchburg, MA)
- 1962 – 1964 St. Mary’s (Boston, MA)
- 1964 – 1966 Boston College High School (Boston, MA)
- 1967 – 1972 Immaculate Conception (Boston, MA)
- 1967 – 1972 Boston City Hospital (Boston, MA)
- 1971 – 1972 Weston College (Mt. Clemens, MA)
- 1972 – 1977 St. Joseph’s Hospital (Mt. Clemens, MI)
- 1977 – 1978 Veterans’ Administration Hospital (West Roxbury, MA)
- 1977 – 1979 Campion Center (Weston, MA)
- 1978 – 1985 Immaculate Conception (Cambridge, MA)
- 1981 – 1985 Immaculate Conception (Boston, MA)
- 1981 – 1985 Boston City Hospital (Boston, MA)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father William Cahill:
In March 2002, several men came forward with accusations that Father William Cahill sexually abused at least three male students at Cheverus High School in Portland, Maine in the 1950s and 1960s.
Father Cahill was accused of having sexually abused a freshman student in the early 1950s. One accuser said that on two occasions, the priest pinned him against the blackboard, then fondled him.
One man said in an email to the Governor’s Office, that Father Cahill tried to molest him, but he successfully rebuffed the attempt.
Another accuser stated in an email to the Governor’s office that a staff member found a young boy, with his pants down, tied to a chair in Father Cahill’s room, and that Father Cahill subsequently “disappeared” from Cheverus.
Father Cahill was never charged and died in February 1986.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Albany. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Albany, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Albany now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.