Father Adalbert J. Kowalczyk
- 1939: Unknown
- 1940: 2249 Lockwood Ave (Chicago, IL)
- 1941-1943: St. Stanislaus Bishop and Martyr (Chicago, IL)
- 1944: St. Stanislaus Kostka (Chicago, IL)
- 1945-1947: St. Hedwig’s Mission (Chicago, IL)
- 1948-1951: Unknown
- 1952-1954: St. Hedwig’s Mission (Chicago, IL)
- 1955 St. Mary of the Angels (Chicago, IL)
- 1956: St. Hyacinth’s (Chicago, IL)
- 1957-1964: Resurrection Church (Fontana, CA)
- 1965-1966: St. Hedwig’s Mission (Chicago, IL)
- 1967-1972: St. Stanislaus Kostka (Chicago, IL)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Adalbert J. Kowalczyk:
In 2002, a survivor came forward alleging child sexual abuse by Fr. Adalbert J. Kowalczyk from 1962 to 1964, while working at Resurrection in Fontana, CA, in the Diocese of San Bernardino, when she was ten years old. The victim first filed a civil lawsuit in 1993, but it was dismissed on statute of limitations.
Fr. Kowalczyk has been named on the Diocese of San Diego’s 2007 list of credibly accused clergy of sexual abuse of a minor. He died in 1972.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Bernardino now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Diocese of San Bernardino, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (954) 641-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.