Father Albin D. Fusco
Archdiocese of New York/Franciscan
- 1962-1965: Christopher Columbus High School (Boston, MA)
- 1966-1970: St. Christopher Friary (Boston, MA)
- 1971-1974: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Mt. Vernon, NY)
- 1975-1976: St. Killian’s (New Bedford, MA)
- 1977-1983: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Mt. Vernon, NY)
- 1984: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (East Boston, MA)
- 1988-1990: Our Lady of the Assumption (Schenectady, NY)
- 1990: Immaculate Conception Provincialate Office
- 1992-1993: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Watervliet, NY)
- 1995-1997: Padua Residence/Friary (Manhattan, NY)
- 1999-2000: Most Precious Blood (Manhattan, NY)
- 2002-2003: St. Anthony Friary (Catskill, NY)
- 2004-present: Unknown
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Father Albin Fusco:
In 1993, Fr. Albin Fusco was arrested in Watervliet, New York, on a charge of soliciting sex from an undercover police officer in Hudson Shore Park. The charges were conditionally dismissed.
In 2002, a lawsuit was filed that accused Fusco of sexually abusing a 22-year-old man in the rectory of the Church of the Most Precious Blood in Manhattan’s Little Italy neighborhood in 1999. At the time, Fusco was the young man’s counselor. The victim stated that “the priest started kissing him, and then shoved his head into his lap, telling him everything would be OK.”
According to media reports, the victim claims he went to another downtown church and complained to a priest about Fusco, who notified archdiocesan officials, but nothing was done. The victim also states that he has tried to commit suicide several times since the abuse occurred.
The Franciscans reportedly removed Fusco from public ministry after the allegations surfaced. It has been reported that Fusco lives in a residence for friars in upstate New York. However, reports show that Fusco is still active in the priesthood because he officiated at a funeral in 2006.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest or other Catholic clergy in New York State, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of New York now have legal options, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.