Father Brian J. Brinker
Diocese of Rockville Centre
Assigned as follows:
- 1989 -1993 St. James (Seaford, NY)
- 1994-1998 Sacred Heart (North Merrick, NY)
- 1994-1999 Nassau County Medical Center (East Meadow, NY)
- 1999-2001 Good Shepherd (Holbrook, NY)
- 2002 St. Agnes Cathedral (Rockville Centre, NY)
- 2003-2009 St. Pius X Residence (Uniondale, NY)
- 2010 St. Pius Residence (Amityville, NY)
- 2011-2013 Unknown
- 2014 Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center (West Islip, NY)
- 2015-2016 Consolation Nursing Home (West Islip, NY)
- 2017 Christ the King (Commack, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Brian Brinker:
According to media reports, in 1996, a woman filed a civil lawsuit alleging that Father Brian Brinker sexually abused her minor son while on a trip to San Francisco. She reported the alleged abuse to police and the Diocese of Rockville Centre saying that Father Brinker inappropriately touched her son and showed him pornographic movies.
In 2005, he was returned to ministry following an investigation by the Vatican which found the allegations to be unsubstantiated.
In October 2018, Father Brinker was suspended from ministry when allegations of child sexual abuse in the 1990s resurfaced in news reports.
His current whereabouts are unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Rockville Centre in New York. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in New York, contact our office today. In October 2020, the Rockville Centre Diocese filed for federal bankruptcy protection. The Court will resolve all claims of sexual abuse in this process but strict filing deadlines will apply and no late claims will be considered, so contact us today. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in New York and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.