Father Benjamin Yander
Diocese of Brooklyn
Assigned as follows:
- 1932-1935 St. Joseph’s (Long Island City, NY)
- 1936-1951 Fourteen Holy Martyrs’ (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1952 St. Pancras (Glendale, NY)
- 1953-1961 St. Mary Queen of Heaven (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1962-1963 Transfiguration (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1964-1976 American Martyrs (Bayside, NY)
- 1977-1986 Retired; American Martyrs (Bayside, NY)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Benjamin Yander:
According to media reports, in February 2019, Father Benjamin Yander’s name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Brooklyn’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors. The details of the allegations, including when and where the abuse occurred, are unknown. His access to children from when he retired in 1977 until his death in 1986 is unknown.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Brooklyn, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Brooklyn now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss your options today.