Father Charles A. Saalfeld
Diocese of San Jose/Jesuits
- 1946-1947: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1947-1948: Bellarmine Preparatory High School (Tacoma, WA)
- 1948-1949: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1949-1956: Marquette High School (Yakima, WA)
- 1956-1957: St. Joseph’s (Italian) (Madison, WI)
- 1957-1966: Monroe Catholic High School (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1966-1973: St. Aloysius (Tanana, AK)
- 1973-1974: Jesuit School of Theology (Berkeley, CA)
- 1974-1978: Our Lady of the Snows (Nulato, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Charles A. Saalfeld:
Fr. Charles A. Saalfeld, was a priest of the Oregon Province, ordained in 1946. Saalfeld worked as a teacher in Washington and Alaska.
In 2010, there was one pending claim and Saalfeld’s name was included on the Diocese of Fairbanks list of its members who have been identified as perpetrators of sexual abuse.
In 2018, Saalfeld was included on the Jesuits West Province list named as being credibly accused of child sex abuse. It notes allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse of a minor that took place in 1974-1978. At the time of the abuse, Saalfeld was assigned to Our Lady of the Snows in Nulato, Alaska. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Saalfeld died in 1978.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a voluntary compensation fund created by the Archdiocese of San Jose, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.
Contact us at (888) 283-9922 or email@example.com to discuss your options today.