Father Charles Saalfeld
Diocese of San Jose (Jesuits)
- 1946-1947: Alma College (Alma, CA)
- 1947-1948: Bellarmine Preparatory High School (Tacoma, WA)
- 1948-1949: Manresa Hall (Port Townsend, WA)
- 1949-1956: Marquette High School (Yakima, WA)
- 1956-1957: St. Joseph’s (Italian) (Madison, WI)
- 1957-1966: Monroe Catholic High School (Fairbanks, AK)
- 1966-1973: St. Aloysius (Tanana, AK)
- 1973-1974: Jesuit School of Theology (Berkeley, CA)
- 1974-1978: Our Lady of the Snows (Nulato, AK)
Summary of Sexual Abuse Allegations against Father Charles Saalfeld:
Fr. Charles Saalfeld was ordained a priest of the Oregon Province in 1946, who served as a teacher in multiple parishes in Washington, Alaska and in the Diocese of San Jose. According to media reports, in the 2010 bankruptcy reorganization documents for Diocese of Fairbanks, there was one pending child sexual abuse claim against him. His name was included on the Diocese of Fairbanks list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse.
In 2018, Saalfeld’s name was included on the Jesuits West Province list of clergy credibly accused of child sexual abuse. It noted allegations reported in 2009 in reference to abuse of a minor that took place in 1974-1978. At the time of the abuse, he was assigned to Our Lady of the Snows in Nulato, Alaska. Information about the age/gender of his alleged victim/victims or the nature of the alleged sexual abuse is unknown.
Fr. Saalfeld died in 1978.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of San Jose in California. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in one of California’s Catholic dioceses, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of San Jose now have legal options due to a temporary change in the law, but filing deadlines will apply so do not delay in reaching out to us. Our lawyers have decades of experience representing survivors of clergy sexual abuse in California and nationwide. We can help.