Father Charles Towne
Diocese of Burlington
Assigned as follows:
- 1931 Cathedral (Burlington, VT)
- 1931 cared for missions in Orange County (Montpelier, VT)
- 1931-1932 St. Sylvester (Graniteville, VT)
- 1932 Cathedral (Burlington, VT)
- 1932 missions in Orange County (Montpelier, VT)
- 1932-1940 Cathedral, Bishop DeGoesbriand Hospital (Burlington, VT)
- 1940-1957 Christ the King (Burlington, VT)
- 1957-1970 St. Stephen (Winooski, VT)
- 1970-1972 St. Theresa (Orleans, VT)
Summary of Abuse Allegations against Father Charles Towne:
Father Charles Towne served as a priest in Vermont for approximately 41 years. He retired in 1972, and died in 1982. According to media reports, in August 2019, his name appeared publicly on the Diocese of Burlington’s list of clergy credibly accused of sex abuse of minors.
Horowitz Law is a law firm representing victims and survivors of sexual abuse by Catholic priests and other clergy in the Diocese of Burlington. If you need a lawyer because you were sexually abused by a priest in Burlington, contact our office today. Although many years have passed, those abused by Catholic clergy in the Diocese of Burlington now have legal options to recover damages due to a compensation fund created for victims. Call us at (888) 283-9922 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options today.